Pages

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Got Faith?

Got Faith?  Good question.  Especially since the title of this blog is "Walk in faith".  How can you walk in something you don't actually have.  Faith.  Faith in what?  Yourself? Your friends? Maybe .. your family?  Sure I have some kind of faith in all those things...but all those things have limitations.  People have limitations.  Even the ones that love us so much.  You have limitations in what you believe are your own strengths.  Don't even get me started on my limitations....

So should we put faith in things that have limitations?  Sounds risky.  Would you jump out of a plane if your parachute had even the tiniest of holes?  Doesn't sound like a great idea to me.  

So where do we put this faith?  What or who doesn't have limitations?  Does there exist such a person or thing?  I think there does.  I have faith that there does.  

It's God.



"God"...it seems almost an impersonal name for someone who plays such a personal role in my life.  The funny thing about faith in God though...is that although I believe with all my heart and soul that he exists and is there for me always....I don't always listen to Him.  I don't always wait for His reply after a prayer.  I don't always do what I know He wants me to do.  Why?  Good question!  I ask that of myself all the time!  I think because   sometimes it's just easier to live up to those limited expectations.  I can't do that, I'll never get through this, I can't wait....



Did you ever start to sprint?  To run really fast until you got a splitting pain in your side and your lungs burned from your breath?  You couldn't make it as far as you thought because you just got too tired?  

Life can be like that. You find yourself constantly running to the next "thing"...sprinting to the next "opportunity"  No time for faith..it's jump now, ask questions later!

Thats why faith is something to walk by...not run by.  Faith paces you and slows you down when you start to "rush" into life.  It gives us time to think....to pray to the one who knows us better than we know ourselves.  It gives us a grace in knowing that we can do all things in Him.  Our creator.  

Those limitations we have in our own strengths?  He knows what we can handle so much more then we do.  Sometimes I wish he didn't think I could handle so much!  But he knows that with Him in our lives, trusting and believing.....we have no limitations.  

So next time you find yourself "sprinting"....slow down.  Walk..in Faith..with God by your side to help guide the way.  He's got the map and knows exactly where you need to be.  You'll find you won't have a pain in your side..and your lungs won't burn either.  You want to know where your going?  
Ask him...then listen.  All it takes is Faith.

Got Faith?




No comments:

Post a Comment